Shohei Ohtani on the Roster Organizer

Hey @niv thanks for another great season playing Ottoneu. Looking forward to the offseason, and playing around with the Roster Organizer.

One item on that - Shohei Ohtani only seems eligible to be placed in a pitching slot right now. Would it be possible to make it so that he can be slotted into a UTIL spot on the Roster Organizer?

Might take me a little while to get to this, but I will look into it. Glad you had a fun season!

Hey Niv, also noticed that Brent Honeywell is showing for me as a ā€˜Utilā€™ player

https://ottoneu.fangraphs.com/985/rosterorganizer#

He didnā€™t pitch this season, so he has lost pitching eligibility. Players who have no eligibility are default given ā€˜Utilā€™ eligibility. When the 2019 season gets closer, Iā€™ll make sure he has some pitching eligibility manually added in.

Oh gotcha, that makes sense.

Thanks Niv!

Bumping this to remind myself to fix this sooner rather than later.

Iā€™m sure you are aware AJ Puk has the same issue as Honeywellā€¦ Thx Niv

Just a reminder. Shoehei Ohtani canā€™t be placed in a pitching slot on the roster organizer. Thanks!

Will get to this soon, thanks for the reminder!

I tried manually enabling the ā€œUtilā€ button by tweaking the pageā€™s HTML, and that let me put Ohtani in the ā€œUtilā€ spot temporarily - but now when I go to the roster organizer, he doesnā€™t appear anywhere at all. Not a huge deal as Iā€™m still able to see him in my lineup, but just wanted to mention it.

Iā€™ll see if I can get that fixed for you today. I strongly recommend not manually editing the HTML :slight_smile:

1 Like

Shohei Ohtani will not show up if you move him to Util. The site shouldnā€™t let you move him to Util, but 35 of you found a way. Iā€™m spending some time this week making sure Ohtani and all other pitcher+hitter eligible players can be placed anywhere on the Roster Organizer, but for now if anyone in this class of player is moved to Util they will disappear off your Roster Organizer.

I believe two-way players should now work properly on the Roster Organizer.