Sneak peek at Ottoneu Fantasy Basketball Rules and Settings at Launch

This would align better with the other sports, so I’m not sure why I didn’t go this path. Will do a check tomorrow to see if this is possible for this season.

4 Likes

This is now the case for leagues with 4 playoff teams. All week 23 games have been removed as the playoffs will start for everyone on week 23. The rules have been updated as well.

1 Like

I took advantage of the six month subscription to RotoWire by depositing $10 into yahoo daily fantasy and I just have a couple questions…

1. where on the RotoWire site can you get the auction values as you described?

2. I couldn’t find anywhere to import Leagues either if you could provide some guidance on what part of the site to do that it would be appreciated

This is what you asked about yesterday over here:

1 Like

I have a couple rules questions

1. how many keepers do you get?

2. is there an annual increase to the $400 of available salary?

3. what are the payouts I haven’t seen anywhere that they are documented — is it decided by each league and are the proportions uniform whether it’s a $50, $100, or $200 league (aka winner of playoffs gets x% of pot , runner up get y% , etc?

4. what percentage of the total pot goes to payouts vs admin/hosting fees?

Sorry if these questions are already answered somewhere I did do some due diligence to look around the community forum and read the rules prior to asking them though.

Appreciate your patience as I just discovered this Ottoneu A few days ago and I am already falling in love

Apologies Niv …. See my comment about ADD in that other thread :wink:

As many as you want, as long as you stay within cap / roster limits

No

Okay sorry to keep being annoying about this but just to clarify the original poster said they were able to import leaks so were they talking about doing it for baseball or football then? I was confused because it was in the basketball section and I thought he was referring to Basketball

If I made my payments as a guest instead of actually signing into a PayPal account would the winnings just go onto the card that was used?

Yes he was referring to football/baseball, he also assumed it was there for basketball, and created the exact wishlist post about importing basketball leagues that I have now referred you to 3 times :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry Niv - like I said I am a newbie and just trying to take it all Lynn so I can hit the ground running for my second draft tonight and the start of the season.

One other thing that I thought of that I would just throw out there is food for thought is maybe in the future having people pay for two years at a time , and then each off-season paying again so everyone is always locked in for the current year and the next one.

That being said I have no idea how this site does in terms of turnover from year to year & the number of orphan teams that need to find owners so I guess if retention isn’t a problem historically for baseball and football maybe that idea isn’t needed

People are welcome to pay for future seasons on their own, but I think that’s best to be determined at the league level if you think that’s a good way to keep teams engaged for multiple seasons. If you feel passionate about it I’d talk to your league commissioner to see if your league is on board… personally I don’t think it’s necessary, because turnover can happen regardless, and most managers know they’re going to invest multiple years into the league when they do a start up draft. Best of luck this season!

3 Likes

I really like the look of the live matchup scoring page, Niv.

2 Likes

Thanks! Now to see if it will actually work tomorrow night…

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Add Injury / Prospect sections to lineup page