The last day to start auctions is 2 days before 11:59pm ET of the last day of the season

It is considered the regular season right now, because of that potential for tiebreaker games today, but tomorrow the waiver claims page will not list recently cut players and allow them to be claimed. There are no waiver claims in the offseason.

I’m bumping this thread as a reminder for how things will change around if there are regular season tiebreaker games. These games will also count in playoff games that are currently happening.

EDIT: I wrote the above somewhat instinctively, but having thought it over it makes no sense for game 163s and onward to count towards playoff games that are scheduled to end on Sunday. I’ll write a separate post, but any game 163, 164s will NOT count towards playoff games, but WILL count towards season-long leagues.

I have a question about tiebreakers, Niv. As of right now, we could have two days of tiebreakers. Does that mean auctions could start end of day on Sunday now? If we know tomorrow that there will only be one day of tiebreakers, will that mean Saturday will be the last day? Or, will it be end of day on Sunday regardless because the possibility exists?

I know to be safe that we should start auctions today. I am asking more for cutting purposes. Maybe I want to cut high-priced Player X tonight if I know the last day of auctions is tomorrow, for example. If they can go onto until Sunday, maybe I won’t cut that player.

Thanks in advance.

The season will be extended once we know if there will be tiebreaker games - once they are scheduled, the season will be extended.

And I didn’t even answer your question: yes, if regular season games go until Tuesday, the last day to start auctions will be Sunday, but there’s no way of knowing that until Sunday afternoon, I believe.

Thanks for the answer, Niv. I saw that no auctions can be started as of now in the game. Considering the possibility of two days of tiebreakers is gone since the Rockies clinched last night, can auctions even be started in the game since Monday is the last possible day of the regular season and we will not know if there will be an extra day of games until Sunday around 6 pm? Based on the fact that they have to be started no later than 48 hours, my understanding would be that no more auctions are possible, correct?

1 Like

Yes, this is correct. Auctions are closed for 2018 now and cannot be opened back up because of what you wrote out.

Excellent, thank you for the clarification!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: How do Game 163s (or more!) affect Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball?

Bumping for the end of the 2019 season.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Official Thread for Fantasy Baseball Player Addition

Bumping for the end of 2020. Friday, 9/25 11:59p ET

What if Monday has games?

We’d know about those games after games are over Sunday, at which point you’re more than free to go back in time to Saturday 11:59p ET and start auctions.

Finally finding a use for this DeLorean in the garage. Thanks!!

1 Like

Bumping for the end of 2021.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Going over roster/cap limits towards the end of the season

Bumping today because its the last day to start auctions for the 2022 season!

A post was split to a new topic: The innings cap is soft

Hey it is, I believe, the last day to start auctions for the 2023 season.

1 Like