"Today's stats" tab incorrect

I have noticed this same issue in our league each of the past few nights right around the end of late games, I’ve been blaming the Dodgers…

1 Like

I’m very much on the track of the issue here and have it mostly solved. There will still be a late night gap where stats don’t appear on the Today’s Stats page, but that gap should be much smaller than the 6+ hours we had this season up to this point.

Yep. It’s now 12:24 ET, and the stats page is working fine.

Cinderella effect, no more. :wink:

Thanks!

1 Like

Hmm… I’m having trouble seeing the live stats with my league (468). I missed that Jake Junis was pitching this afternoon. Thankfully I had my lineups set the night before.

But on Firefox 59.0.2 and Internet explorer I get the spinning wheel of death for all infinity.

1 Like

Could you shoot me an email with a screenshot? help@ottoneu.com

1 Like

“Loading, please wait…” with a spinning circle that just goes on forever. It has been responding like this for an hour.

Hard refresh does not seem to clear it. League # 513

PC using Chrome and iPhone using Safari

I’m having the same issue on a mac with safari, it was working for a little while after the first game started, but went down a little after that.

I also just tried it on a PC using both chrome and explorer with the same result.

I broke something on the way out the door, of course.

The live pages should start coming back online in the next 15-20 minutes. Sorry about that. Thanks for the helpful bug reports.

1 Like

Looks like this is cropping up again. League #935. H2H Fangraphs. I’m seeing players from Det, Bal, CSox, Cin, and Mil not showing stats (but being counted in the total stats. Players in the screenshot not updating are Miggy Cabrera, Marcus Semien, Eric Thames, Tucker Barnhart, and (not shown) Matt Boyd.

In my league, Thames’s line (for example) is showing up, so this is interesting. I’m flagging this and will investigate further tonight.

Also very noteworthy that their lines are showing up in the full box score:

https://ottoneu.fangraphs.com/935/game?id=4#box-score

Side note: cool, game 4 in the database.

This fixed itself. I have some ideas on how to make it fix itself faster. Thanks for the note @Dahdscear

1 Like

I can’t confirm, as yes, it is fixed, but I thought it was missing there as well earlier, as I think I remember checking and thinking: “hmm… looks like the box score is pulling from the same place- that makes sense”.

Aight that’s helpful. I was doing some poking on the server and have a good idea on what is going on.

1 Like

Early in the season, I made a big change to this page in order to make it kinder to our backend servers, especially the database. I believe the issue with random “glitching” (specific player lines disappearing and reappearing) is related to some of the caching I implemented as part of this work. Today, I’ve made a change to reduce the amount of time cached results stay cached. This should reduce the time between a stat line disappearing and reappearing on both the Today’s Stats page and for H2H leagues on the game box score. Let me know if you’d like more clarity on this.

I understand there is an underlying issue with the stat line disappearing in the first place, and I’m still looking into that.

1 Like

It is likely that you are aware judging by the above: but can confirm that box score is behaving the same way (missing daily line found in Daily Stats page). Apparently my team page hates Det and Bal. (And really, who doesn’t?)

Can you post here again in 10 minutes with an update on if this fixed itself or not

EDIT or now I guess.

Seems like it is still broken. I’ll look at this shortly.

Confirmed. Still broken for me.