W-L record & stats vs individual opponents?

Is there a quick and easy way to view your W-L record (and stats) against each opponent in your league, or filter schedule results to view only matchups against a selected opponent? If not, is this something that can be introduced? I feel like it would be fun and helpful to see how we’re doing against particular teams over the course of a season (and historically).

https://community.ottoneu.com/t/standings-grid-by-teams-for-h2h/11858?u=blakestreetbombers

Perhaps we can merge these ideas and get more backing.

Yes—something like this would be perfect!!

Hello. On the standings page, for head to head, could there please be a grid showing the outcomes of all head to head matchups? Kind of like this: 2024 MLB Baseball Standings Grid - Major League Baseball - ESPN

Thanks for reading.

I could get behind this idea. I started doing it offline for one of the leagues I am commissioner of, but it became time-consuming to do it manually so I abandoned ship after two seasons.

I’ve merged these two requests.

I highly recommend reviewing this post:

and maybe write up the underlying problem you’re trying to solve or explain why you want to see this.

Thanks!

Well, my post predates the best practices so it’s grandfathered in without commentary. Just kidding! Hopefully that’s obvious.

To me, this is about fun. Clearly there’s going to be some top teams and some bottom teams. And when I’ve been on the bottom, it’s at least fun to know that I was able to take down one of the top teams during the year. Just a point of pride of not being completely blown away.

Also, when you have leagues made of friends and people who know each other personally, it makes it easier to have side bets on head-to-head performances for just your two teams. The info is there, but in the current format it’s difficult to distill. Showing the head-to-head by team would help shine a light on this granular information.

2 Likes

Oh for sure!

Bantz is absolutely a good reason, IMO.

I would second this. Even in a league with randos who don’t know each other, we have definitely had a few “rivalries” form naturally. Would be cool to see how they’ve gone over time.

1 Like

If you are in a head-to-head league, you now can see your record against all other teams in your league, as well as quickly view past games.

Head to the tools menu and click “Rivals” and you’ll see this page:

Any box in this grid can be clicked to see details about a given matchup:

Let me know if there are other things you’d like to see here. Genie badge for @CLT and @blakestreetbombers (if you don’t already have one).

Thanks for playing Ottoneu!

AMAZING! This is so cool. Thank you! @nivshah

More: even the history of past years (I knew I beat that *****ard at least once)? Super cool. Thanks again.

1 Like

Awesome addition–thank you for making this happen (and very quickly)!

1 Like