Yesterday split on lineup page

Great changes Niv! Only comment would be that the pitcher stats on the lineup page are pretty busy looking. Maybe some slightly darker vertical lines offsetting the Last 5 Day PC, the year-to-date stats, and maybe the accumulated points stats?

2 Likes

Have to agree with this. Its also not clear which way the last 5 is going. Is the leftmost column yesterday or is it the rightmost column. This addition is nice but it brings up something I have been mulling for a while which is that it pushes the most important columns even further to the right. This would be FP and FP/G. I would like to see FP and FP/G columns moved to the left of the other stats since that is really the stat I look at most often. I would also ask the same on the “next 7 days” view, have FP/G and FP moved to the left of the schedule. Its a pain to look at the schedule while scrolling to the right to also compare FP values.

On mobile in points leagues, stats are not displayed, only point rate stats and points. On desktop the assumption is you have enough screen space to view everything. Let’s split that conversation into a separate thread from here.

In terms of being clear about which pitch count is the most recent, I’m toying around with making the most recent day more green and the oldest day gray:

I’m also working on adding a slightly darker border on the right as you can see in those screenshots. Let me know if you find this intuitive.

2 Likes

I like the green shading. It is intuitive in my opinion.

I didn’t realize on mobile it didn’t show the stats, but I work mostly on my laptop and with a small screen it is quite inconvenient to have to scroll to the bottom just to scroll right in order to compare FP/G on the 7 day view. When scrolling right you also sometimes lose sight of which pitchers you are even comparing.

Please start a new topic regarding the lineup page on whatever resolution you are using on your laptop and I’ll address that there. Thanks!

These changes are live and hopefully make the recent pitch count a bit more intuitive in terms of which is the most recent number, etc.

1 Like

pretty strongly against showing pitch counts. if a person can’t do surface level research or day to day maintenance, why give it to them right up front.

same really goes for any “improvements” of similar type.

Sorry, but it’s ridiculous to insinuate that you should have to spend enough time daily to check pitch counts manually to succeed at Ottoneu. We have jobs, families, and lives that require attention. Ottoneu is a game that should be fun, not a rote chore. No information is being provided that is otherwise difficult to obtain. I vehemently disagree with your sentiment.

4 Likes

well lucky for you the entire process will soon be automated. we can have fun with the dumbing down of everything together.

why list stats at all? or even teams and opposing pitchers? stop listing positions, too. if you don’t know who every player is and what positions they are eligible and at who they are playing and what time their game is and where that game is being played and who the opposing pitcher is and whether that player is in the lineup, why even play fantasy baseball?

3 Likes

Pitch count is pretty freely available information on MLB.com or BaseballPress, as noted by multiple Ottoneu owners in these forums. I don’t consider recent pitch counts to be an analytical metric but more akin to knowing which SP is starting on a given day. For those reasons, I do not think adding PC to the lineup page is much different than the other things on the lineup page. You still have to figure out how much you are willing to pay for a player and how to evaluate trades for your team.

I agree there is a line on how much information Ottoneu should show to owners, and that part of the skill gap in Ottoneu is using the right information to make better decisions, but I do not think recent pitch count crosses that line.

1 Like

I strongly agree it should be read left to right. That’s the intuitive way I read it. Plus, now, you have to scroll on mobile to see yesterday’s pitch count.

Fired up a couple polls regarding Recent Pitch Count: