Advice for New League

We have a new league starting up at the beginning of Feb. All 12 of us are doing Ottoneu for the first time. I am the commissioner for our league and I am curious if anyone has any advice or recommended resources that I should make everyone in the league aware of. We are mostly coming from PitcherList, so we have read some articles from there. We have also been made aware of the Surplus Calculator.

We will be doing 5x5 roto.

Welcome to Ottoneu! I’m sure this community has a ton of good advice but definitely read this thread:

Always feel free to email help@ottoneu.com with any questions- I personally respond to every email.

I weighed in on the thread that Niv linked to in terms of league management stuff.

For your league, 5x5 Ottoneu leagues are not the default. So if you guys post on Slack or whatever, I’d recommend being very explicit that it’s a 5x5 with your question. Otherwise the assumption is that you’re asking about a FGPts league and that might result in a very different conclusion if you’re talking about a keep/cut decision, trade, etc. For example, I’ll write “Ottoneu 5x5: $30 Player A for $30 Player B.”

I’d invite anyone new to Ottoneu to review this thread:

I’ll also say that the best free Ottoneu coverage is on Fangraphs (as much as I like PL). Unfortunately, Fangraphs’ capabilities to find older content is not great. So my advice is that if you see an article that you like from Chad Young or whomever, bookmark it. Because I can’t count the numbers of times where I find something, forget to save it, and then spend 15 minutes trying to track it down. There’s a lot of great content that’s been lost to posterity.

Perfect thank you both!!