End of 2020 Baseball Season thread

We’ve somehow come to the end of the 2020 MLB season. This year has been unique to say the least, and I am extremely appreciative of everyone who has been supportive and had fun playing Ottoneu this year. I personally found the 60 game schedule to be really compelling, but that might be because I won league 1 for the first time in 11 years.

We have some end of season business to attend to before Arbitration begins on October 15. Today I have re-run scoring for the past week to ensure our stats are up to date. There were far fewer scoring corrections in 2020 than in a traditional year, I think scorekeepers took a second to get it right the first time since they were watching on video feeds and not in stadiums.

Shortly I will remove points from teams that did not meet IP minimums in 4x4 leagues. I will also update positional eligibility to include any positions earned in 2019. This is a one-off for 2020.

Tuesday we will start the process of paying prizes to league winners.

Wednesday, we will remove cap penalties, remove loans and apply the default salary inflation. The default inflation is $2 for any one who played a MLB game in 2020 or 2019, $1 otherwise.

This is all subject to change if I discover any overlooked stat corrections or any other issues come up. I’ll update this thread as necessary.

Thanks again everyone for a fun season, and congrats to all the league winners.

13 Likes

My attempt to remove points for 4x4 teams under limits did not work, and I am restoring and trying again in a minute.

Teams that did not meet IP thresholds in 4x4 leagues have had their points removed. Positions are currently being updated to reflect 2019 and 2020 eligibility earned.

A post was split to a new topic: Will the rules around pitcher roles be changed in the future?

Niv is it safe to assume current scoring is 100% accurate? I have to determine final relegation standings in Champs A and currently it’s a 14 point spread between 11th and 12th.

You can be sure that stats are as final as they will get once we start sending out prizes. Still aiming to do this tomorrow.

Positional eligibility should now be correct for all players. If you have a question about current eligibility (not projected eligibility), please use the megathread and I’ll check it out.

This is my first year and don’t know what arbitration Is about. Any one have experience with it who can explain what it means, what to expect or advice?

@duanez

This is last year’s Omnibus; about the most comprehensive run down you will be able to get.

2 Likes

Thanks, man! Much appreciated for all you do.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Going over roster/cap limits towards the end of the season

Prizes are going to be delayed until later this week. I will update when I can.

Prizes have just been sent out via PayPal. Please look for an email from PayPal for instructions on how to receive your prizes.

1 Like

Cap penalties, loans and default salary increases will be processed this afternoon.

Make sure to claim any badges you may have earned this year.

Loans and cap penalties have been removed. Salary increases are processing. Cap totals will temporarily look incorrect until this process is complete.

1 Like

Is there a time frame when allowed roster size will be reset to 40 and players are no longer designated as suspended, optout, 60DL, covid-19?

Those designations end by MLB within 7 days of the end of the World Series

Salary increases are set and arbitration is scheduled to start on October 15. The wacky 2020 season is officially closed.

5 Likes