Keeper Deadline Adjust if Lockout Occurs

I’m bumping this to remind everyone that the baseball keeper deadline may be modified if the lockout isn’t resolved in the next 3 weeks. It still seems unlikely to me that the 2022 MLB season will entirely not happen, but we may be looking at a shortened season. If that is the case, the 2020 pandemic-shortened season is a good guide of what to expect.

Here is the thread if you need a refresher on how things went in 2020:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

The main points as they pertain to you renewing your leagues:

• As long as there is a lockout we will do our best to allow refunds, but refunding/canceling a league means that league will not be able to resume when MLB resumes.
  • If there is no 2022 season we will do our best to offer the option to roll over or refund the prize portion of our fees. If there is no 2022 season, Ottoneu will not pocket prize money. For leagues that want to continue, we will keep our standard administration fee in order to keep the lights on through 2022.

As a side note, unless the season is severely shortened, position eligibility rules will not be altered for the 2022 season.

I might be a little too optimistic but I believe that we won’t have a shortened season but may need to see a slightly delayed keeper deadline, to something like February 15 or so. I’ll update this thread in a couple of weeks based on what is going on then.

11 Likes