Official Thread for Position Eligibility Questions

Pedroia played last year, so he will have to earn positional eligibility in 2019.

Gotcha, I was going off of your secondary point for the most part (about how Tulo has always been a SS, etc.). It wasnā€™t clear to me that you were cutting it off at missing the entire year.

Thanks for the quick reply!

1 Like

In general Iā€™d like to move away from giving position players manual eligibility. Additionally, Iā€™d like to make all position eligibility changes clear by the keeper deadline going forward, so that keeper and auction decisions can be made with consistent and full information. Those factors also work against any special case for Pedroia here, in addition to the Kang case above.

1 Like

Hey, wanted to ask about James Kaprielian, who missed 2 years and is pitching now in high A ball, which is where he was at in 2016. Possibility of him moving quickly into the majors this season. Curious if heā€™d be able to get his eligibility changed from UTIL?

Iā€™ll update James Kaprielian so that heā€™s eligible as a SP. The update will take hold overnight.

Thanks!

1 Like

Would you be willing to manually restore position eligibilities to Salvador Perez [C], Yoenis Cespedes (OF), and Steven Souza (OF)? Each is pretty widely owned, missed all of 2019 due to injury, and is currently Util-only.

Less clear-cut cases:

Miguel AndĆŗjar. Played in 12 games, appeared at 3B in 4 of them. DHā€™ed in the other 8.

Jed Lowrie. Played in 9 games, all as a pinch-hitter (!). Was primarily 2B the prior year.

My initial instinct is to say no, all those players will have to re-earn eligibility in 2020. I know this isnā€™t 100% consistent with what Iā€™ve done in the past, but moving forward Iā€™d like to only give manual eligibility to pitchers, since the amount of time it takes to re-earn SP or RP is much longer than it will be for the Perez, Souza, or Cespedes.

The less clear-cut cases are easier to say no to, though that Jed Lowrie example is pretty crazy. Dude never even stayed in as a defensive sub?

Triston McKenzie is listed as UTIL. I know he didnā€™t pitch in 2019 but I think he should be listed as a SP.

Agreed. Heā€™ll have SP tomorrow.

Would it be possible to give Hunter Greene SP eligibility? More just so that he shows up on the Roster Organizer as a pitcher (heā€™ll no doubt acquire SP or RP eligibility with his work in the minors next year).

Yep, heā€™ll have it tomorrow.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Official Thread for Fantasy Baseball Player Addition

Will Luis Severino get SP eligibility before the season or have to earn it? Heā€™s obviously going to be a starter as long as heā€™s healthy from day 1.

It doesnā€™t really matter whether Severino is just a RP to start the year. You can slot him in a SP for his starts even if heā€™s just a RP.

3 Likes

Anyone know if they gonna fix Yoshimoto Tsutsogoā€™s classification as utility before the season starts?

Addressed here:

Thanks! I searched his name but couldnā€™t find a post about this.

1 Like

Just want to point out that dudeā€™s name is Yoshitomo Tsutsugo and that might (probably?) explain why your search didnā€™t return any results.

1 Like

Do we have any updates on Yoshitomo Tsutsugoā€™s eligibility at OF? Still says Util on Ottoneu, havenā€™t been able to find him on fangraphs yet.