Official Thread for Position Eligibility Questions

How close is Austin Martin to getting position eligibility and at what positions?

He has played 19 games at SS and 19 games at CF. One more game at either and he will have eligibility at SS and OF respectively. Austin Martin - Stats - Batting | FanGraphs Baseball

1 Like

How close is Ohtani to OF eligibility?

Every player has a bar graph on their player page with progress towards all positions they’ve played this season and a note about the what the thresholds are for eligibility. You can feel free to look at Ohtani’s player page for the answer to your question.

Very minor quibble, but Jack Leiter only shows up when searching “All” but not when searching “Util”.

Any reason why Grayson Rodriguez is Util only?

Unlike Nelson Cruz (for example), Leiter has absolutely no position because he has no FG ID. So he’ll only show up under “All” until he’s in the FG system.

No idea. Looks like he had SP yesterday, so maybe he’ll just get it back tomorrow.

Grayson Rodriguez has SP again. No idea why he briefly lost it but I’ll look into it.

Anyone know why Oneil Cruz has only Util eligibility? I understand that he did not play enough ML games to earn eligibility at a position, but he did play over 60 games at SS in the minors last season.

He had SS yesterday. Just like Grayson Rodriguez earlier, I think this will fix itself tonight.

Yes, SS eligibility shows. Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

Jhoan Duran of the Minnesota Twins was changed from pitcher to utility player during the off-season. Any way he could be listed as a pitcher again? Thank you!

Sure - he’ll have this eligibility tomorrow.

thank you niv!

1 Like

Would you please consider giving Seiya Suzuki OF eligibility to start the season?

2 Likes

Suzuki will have OF eligibility tomorrow.

3 Likes

good!..I was coming here to ask!

1 Like

How does it work again for someone like Robinson Cano who was suspended last season? Should he be 2B eligible based on 2020? Or will he be U only on opening day? Can’t remember how that works.

He will be Util only on opening day.