Official Thread for Position Eligibility Questions

Hey just following up on this: it looks like the Daniel Espino who is left in the system is marked as a position player, but he is a pitcher.

Looks like he just didnā€™t pitch enough last year to get SP.

Word! Thanks.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Why do hitters need to earn eligibility after being injured?

Doing some cursory research and noticed that Shintaro Fujinami does not have his OAK affiliation listed, and is listed at Util but he is a pitcher. Considering I just learned of his existence and he just signed in Jan, Iā€™m assuming it might just be waiting on a system update. But wanted to point it out.

Iā€™ll link him up to his FG ID today and he should show being on OAK tomorrow.

UPDATE Well heā€™ll show up on OAK right away but he will get SP tomorrow.

1 Like

Wondering if there is a comprehensive list of positions for which players are eligible. I know I can filter by position, but what I really need is a list of all hitters that notes which positions they qualify for. Checked Ottoneu PLAYERS page and FanGraphs, but I canā€™t seem to find anything.

Search the forums for ā€œplayer universeā€

Not sure if this is right place but Daniel Espino - CLE AA is listed as utility when in fact he is an SP. Currently the 16th rated mlb prospect. Can this be updated?

1 Like

I see. What happens if he pitches this year and gets called up? Adjustment would be made then?

Yeah if he gets called up without earning any pitching eligibility first (being a Guardians fan, Iā€™d be surprised if this happened), you can come back to this thread and request pitching eligibility.

1 Like

Hey Niv!
Iā€™ve checked this thread and others in the forum but didnā€™t find any specific notes on Abner Uribe ā€“ Abner Uribe - Stats - Pitching | FanGraphs Baseball

Wondering if I can request Pitching (RP) Eligibility or whether I have to wait for him to pitch for the Brewers this season? And, if the latter, how long it will take for him to be RP-eligible in the universe?

Thanks!
adam

This person has not pitched enough to earn RP or SP eligiblity. In 2022 he pitched in 2 games. This is why he is not currenlty a RP or SP. This is displayed on his ā€œposition eligibilty progressā€ graph on his player page. You can also see that fact on the FanGraphs page you linked to.

If heā€™s on the MLB team on Opening Day, you can request that he gets expideted eligibilty.

Hi - anyway you could make Byron Buxton eligible for OF and Gavin Lux eligible for 2B, please? I know the rules but theyā€™re veterans and those are their respective positions. Thanks for considering in any case.

No, there wonā€™t be exceptions to the rules, as they are the rules.

Understood.

1 Like