Payment Updates

We are going live with Paydala tonight or tomorrow morning. Here is me renewing one of my basketball teams in my testing environment against Paydala’s testing environment

A couple of things to note:

1. The first time you pay, you may be asked for personal information to prove you are who you say you are (i.e. SSN, home address). This is for compliance reasons both for Paydala and for us. The requirements for some of this information should ease in the near future, but for now, Paydala requires it. UPDATE This is no longer a requirement. Please see this update

2. If you choose to pay directly from your bank account, you’ll have the opportunity to search for your banking institution and log in to their site directly to allow funding from Paydala. This is also a first-time thing, I believe.

I will update this thread when we are live and ready to accept payments and extend everyone’s Ottoneu teams!

6 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Concerns re: personal information and Paydala

2 posts were split to a new topic: Wrong link in basketball banner

I can’t find the link to renew my football team on my dashboard. Has Paydala not gone live yet, or am I missing something obvious? Both seem equally likely. :slight_smile:

Not live yet. Working on finalizing a contract and seeing if they can help us with a new version of their product before we go live. Will update soon.

Should note that this most likely means a significant change to renewal deadlines, which I’ll announce soon.

4 Likes

I’ve bumped the Ottoneu Fantasy Football payment deadline to 9/30, as we continue to work with Paydala on some new features specifically for Ottoneu customers.

3 Likes

The Ottoneu Fantasy Basketball renewal deadline has been extended to 9/30/23 as we work with Paydala for the aforementioned new functionality.

1 Like

This thread is meant to be an announcement/information thread. If you have any questions, please read the other relevant threads on the forums and reach out to help@ottoneu.com

Thanks!

Paydala is testing out the new features we requested and renewal links should go live sometime next week. If you have any questions, please do not reply to this thread and instead email help@ottoneu.com

Thanks!

Do not reply to this thread, it is meant for announcements. If you have a question, email help@ottoneu.com.

Thanks.

Hopefuly this is the final update before we start taking payments again.

This week, our new payment provider is releasing a change that removes KYC checks for all payments on their platform. This means that Paydala and its underlying bank will not require SSN or home address when taking payments for your Ottoneu teams.

Once this change is live, the payment links will re-appear on your user dashboard and the Join / Create league pages will be re-enabled.

I will have an update about how we will send out prizes in a week or so, but please note that if you are an American citizen, we are required to do a KYC and AML check in order to send you money due to a combination of federal regulations and a variety of state laws.

11 Likes

We are extending football and basketball payment deadlines for 2023 only to October 14. That should be reflected on the site shortly.

2 Likes

I’ve renamed this thread because of what it has evolved into - the Niv of August was a bit too optimistic, it seems. I’ll have an update in a couple of hours with updates on timeline and information on prize dispersal, especially as it relates to baseball and OPL.

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

Here is where things stand now for paying for Ottoneu, specifically football and basketball:

1. We plan on launching with Paydala in the near future, maybe as soon as this week.
  2. They are rolling out a large initiative to drop KYC checks on all payments for Ottoneu specifically. As a result, they are awaiting the go-ahead from their various partners. They are waiting for one final partner, and hope to have this project launched this week. Once it is launched, we will be going live with them.
  3. As such, we will be extending the football and basketball deadlines at least one more week, in order to give everyone a reasonable amount of time to pay for their Ottoneu football and basketball teams.

Since this roll out has now gone past the end of the baseball season, here is what you can expect on the baseball prizes front:

1. All prizes will be claimed on the Ottoneu site, rather than via email as in the past.
  2. Claiming prizes (and paying for Ottoneu going forward) will not require signing up for an account with Paydala. The process will be handled by an on-site widget that is roughly demo’d in the first video in this post.
  3. Starting this week, your user dashboard will display how much you’ve won in prizes with a breakdown on where each prize came from. Once we are launched with Paydala and the entire process is tested, the user dashboard will gain a link that you can use to have this money sent to your bank account.

I greatly appreciate everyone’s patience during this process. I am doing everything I can to get this stuff up and running as soon as possible. As always, you can ask me anything at help@ottoneu.com, and thank you so much for supporting Ottoneu Fantasy Sports.

17 Likes

You should now be able to audit any prizes you’ve earned from Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball and OPL on the brand new user prize tracker:

https://ottoneu.fangraphs.com/userprizes

I’m continuing to investigate the speediest way to deliver these amounts to each of you. Please reach out to help@ottoneu.com if you have any questions. Thanks as always for your patience and support of Ottoneu Fantasy Sports.

6 Likes

Our integration with Paydala is now live. Please renew your football and basketball teams by October 31, 2023.

In order to be able to make payments, you will need to allow access to your device’s location, so we know what state you are in for compliance purposes. The payment process then will ask for an email and/or phone number in order to allow you to verify yourself for future payments. It may go a little slow the first time you try to pay, but be patient and you’ll have your team extended in no time.

Claiming prizes

We will be disbursing prizes through Paydala. They have prioritized work to streamline the deposit process, and once that work is complete a Withdraw button will be added to the Ottoneu Prize Tracker through which you’ll be able to get prizes sent directly to your bank account. I will have an update as soon as this is tested and ready.

Bugs/Issues

We’ve tested a fair amount and I believe this process works as long as location checks are enabled on your device. However, if you do run into issues, please do not hesitate to email help@ottoneu.com and I will do everything I can to help you out. The developers at the payment processor are on high-alert right now as well.

Thank you

This has been a difficult year so far, and we have finally reached the light at the end of the tunnel. I really appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we were unexpectedly forced to change our payment processor. I am extremely grateful for all of you who play and enjoy these fantasy sports games. So as always, thank you so much for supporting Ottoneu Fantasy Sports.

EDIT: And hopefully we never have to talk about payment processors again.

22 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Paying for a team with prize money

If you are having issues paying for your team and are located outside the US, please email help@ottoneu.com with information about what country you are physically located from when trying to pay and we will do our best to help you get sorted.

I am currently working with the payment processor on these countries:

Canada
Germany
Panama
France
Brazil

If you are located in a country other than these and are unable to make payments, please email help@ottoneu.com and let me know as soon as possible. I will have an update on these 5 countries in the next few days.

2 Likes

Payments for people located in Canada should now work. Please reach out to help@ottoneu.com if you are in Canada and still running into issues.

We’re continuing to work with Paydala on getting payments from people located in other countries.